You know you should be doing something if you can barely walk home after work. You know you should be doing something if you have a feeling that your entire life is at risk.
That’s the feeling I had after reading the articles on weight loss in the newspaper. The articles had always been written by the same type of writer who seemed to have no scientific background and all they could write about was weight loss.
I had become frustrated after reading a few articles about how eating a particular food was the key to weight loss. It all made sense now. The government had made a decision that saturated fat was the key factor that was causing obesity in our society. It just made sense.
We had become a nation of eaters and not even thinking, we were eating more and more food with saturated fat. Then we discovered it was worse than just eating a little fat. It was full of cholesterol, hormones and other nasty stuff. We just suddenly understood that our health was being put at risk, our hearts were being destroyed, our businesses were being ruined.
The same people were always writing about how it was all in our heads. We would be stressed because of our jobs. Then we would blame it all on stress. Well, that was true. Stress does cause your blood pressure to rise and it is true that stress does cause you to crave fatty foods. But we needed to take a look at it in the context of how much saturated fat was in the food we were buying and eating. The government had decided that this was the key factor that was destroying our health. We had become an eater nation.
* Saturated fats have been linked to many health problems, such as heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and mood disorders.
* While saturated fats have been removed from nearly all of our packaged food, they are replacing it with trans fats, which have been linked to many health problems, including stroke, arthritis, high blood pressure, kidney failure, and brain function.
* Saturated fats are in nearly everything that we eat. It is impossible to avoid it and still be healthy.
* Saturated fats are called our body’s fat reserves. There is a reason for this. Saturated fats are the good fats that our body needs. They are also essential to life. We cannot live without them.
* It is important to know that saturated fats are different than polyunsaturated fats and monounsaturated fats.
The fact that the government has started promoting polyunsaturated fats as the solution to many of our health problems is troubling. We are simply not informed about the difference between the types of fats.
* In order to make a polyunsaturated fat product, they need to have one of the unsaturated fats removed. This means the polyunsaturated fat would be called a trans fat.
* Trans fats are the main cause of heart disease and other health problems. The FDA only allows this type of fat to be listed as a health food. This is a slap in the face to the medical community that has shown that this fat causes the conditions with which it is associated.
* To make polyunsaturated fat products, one of the unsaturated fats must be included and it must be replaced with the same unsaturated fat. This means the polyunsaturated fat would be called a saturated fat.
* While polyunsaturated fats make the best choices for dietary supplements, we should also make sure to eliminate them from our diets. The FDA is trying to ban trans fats, but is unable to do so because of the powerful lobbying efforts of the food industry.
* There are many health food products with polyunsaturated fats. Eating polyunsaturated fats makes sure that they are the unsaturated fats you are eating, but they are different from saturated fats.
* If you only add polyunsaturated fats to your diet, there is no guarantee that they will make polyunsaturated fat supplements.